Cannot include WebBrowser control in my project

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Hi there

First of all thanks for each of your involvement on this project, a full WPF WebBrowser control is badly needed.  Personally I need to use (and modify) such a control for viewing HTML documents on a multi-touch screen - I need to support basic WPF manipulations (resize, rotate etc), as well as a few non-standard gestures on the document.  

It took me a while but I eventually got the source to compile.  The compiled demo application runs.  (It would be worthwhile including a readme file with the release describing exactly how to do this; I found the information from many discussions/websites.)  I am still however having a great deal of difficulty actually using the control.  I have tried a variety of things, none of which have helped.  I began by adding the projects Cjc.AwesomiumWrapper and Cjc.ChromiumBrowser to my existing project.  I add the Awesomium directory in the correct place.  I have tried setting up the references in every way I know how - including adding a direct reference to the missing file itself - but always get the following warning in the designer:

"System.IO.FileNotFoundException Could not load file or assembly 'Cjc.AwesomiumWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

When I rebuild the Cjc.* projects, the references are found in my project and I use the WebBrowser control - but then my project will not run.  When I rebuild my project, the references are lost and I get the following error:  
"Error 6 The type or namespace name 'Cjc' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I expected the difference between .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 to be the problem but I have tried every combination of targeted framework, .NET3.5 and .NET4.0, v90 and v100 toolset with no luck.  

Though I will need to modify the source code eventually, I have also tried just using the compiled DLLs to be able to use the control in my project.  Again no luck.  

It seems the goal of this project is a WPF WebBrowser control that can be used like any other WPF control.  I appreciate that it is still under development but unless I have really missed the boat it really seems impossible to do at this point!  Can anyone help me out getting this control into my project?