can't compile your source

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'WebCore.h': No such file or directory c:\wab\svn2\sn\sn_mockup\sn_mockup_code\sharedcode\wpfchromium4-3284\cjc.awesomiumwrapper\Cjc.AwesomiumWrapper.h 11 1 Cjc.AwesomiumWrapper

alwayse when i try to compile i get this error

please help

Developer
Oct 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Uh oh, you should pay more attention to the instructions.

1. Go to the "Home" page of this project.

2. Read the message "For more details please visit my blog: Chris Cavanagh's Blog"

3. Go to the Chris Cavanagh's Blog and proceed to the "A Real WPF 4.0 WebBrowser" entry.

4. Read the message "To build the solution, make sure you also download Awesomium 1.6 RC1 (direct link) and place it in an Awesomium folder below the root."

5. Do as the previous message says.

6. Make correct conclusions about the importance of paying good attention.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I get what you are saying here, but there is no readme in the source tree (like people with complicated builds usually do), nor are there instructions on the Codeplex wiki. To be able to figure this out, someone has to:

1. go to a random article on your blog (the link doesn't even say that it will take you to compilation instructions... just that it contains "more details") OR
  2. endure this pompous post in the discussion group for this project. 

Please learn to package your source code in such a way that it is self-documenting or, at the very least, provide good documentation on the project site.

Developer
Oct 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM

The blog belongs to Chris Cavanagh actually, as well as this project.

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM
I think you might have missed the point.
Developer
Jan 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Alright, to get rid of the missing header files compilation errors, you have to download the required Awesomium SDK and extract the source files into the associated paths for the AwesomiumWrapper to compile successfully.

Since the Awesomium 1.6 RC1 SDK is not listed in the available downloads, you can either get it using the direct link above or merge the current edition of WPF Chromium with the current edition of Awesomium SDK.

Note, that both Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 are still required to be installed on the same machine for a successful compilation of the projects.

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I moved the code to compile with the v10 tools, have the proper folder structure, and I'm not able to build. It's just not finding the file, even though it indeed does exist. What are the chances I could get this working? Or should I skip it and just use the Awesomium library?

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:27 AM

I can't get this to work either.  I extracted the files specified in the blog.  Might be a good idea to just upload the source with all the correct files in there so when people download it, they don't have to waste time trying to figure out what files they need and where to put them.

Developer
Jul 3, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Guys, please follow the blog of Chris Cavanagh.
The Awesomium is offering free indie license now!
http://chriscavanagh.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/awesomium-free-indie-license/ 

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:15 PM
4 Years later this is still relevant, it would be really helpful to have the home page directly say what it is that needs to be done to compile.